- This event has passed.
2022 Tahoe Science Center Docent Training
June 15, 2022 - June 17, 2022
The 2022 Docent Training Program happened June 15, June 16, and June 17, 2022. The training program is a combination of live virtual webinars, recordings to watch in your own time, and an in-person tour at the Tahoe Science Center. Our goals for the program is provide comprehensive environmental education as well as leadership skills that act as a refresher for current docents and provides new docents with all the instruction they will need to help the public explore our science education centers.
New volunteers can also join the program by meeting with our Docent Program Coordinator, reading the Docent Manual, and shadowing tours until they are comfortable hosting tours.
- 2022 Docent Training Agenda
- Session 1 (June 15, 2022): Welcome and Introductions, Lake Tahoe 101, and Current Research of Lake Tahoe
- Session 2 (June 16, 2022): Education Exhibits of the Tahoe Science Center, Online Resources, and Docent Social Hour
- Session 3 (June 17, 2022): Research Vessel excursions
- On your own: Geology of the Lake Tahoe Basin and Stories of Tahoe and Historical Research
- Docent Shadowing Check-list
To register please contact Noah Shapiro by emailing email@example.com.