- This event has passed.
Tuolumne River Trust Tree Planting Volunteer Day
March 12, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tree Planting with TRT
Come and join the Tuolumne River Trust to plant trees in the Rim Fire footprint in the Stanislaus National Forest on Saturday, March 12th, and Saturday, March 19th.
As springtime approaches, TRT will be working hard with various groups and contractors to plant over a million trees in the Stanislaus National Forest, and we need your help!
This is a great opportunity to see the work that is being done, to restore the Forest, and to get your hands dirty – all while helping with an important effort.
- After a brief circle up to sign volunteer waivers and talk about driving safety, we will caravan in masked groups to the project site from Tuolumne City. The planting site is about a 1 hour and 15-minute drive from our meet-up location on both paved and unpaved roads. Directions to where we will meet up will be provided in a follow-up email.
- We will rendezvous at 8:30 am and return by no later than 4 pm (including drive time).
- Work tasks will be moderately strenuous and the terrain will be uneven and sloped.
- Please bring with you a mask, your own work gloves, a shovel if you have it (we will have some), water bottles, lunch, work boots, work clothes, and sun protection.
- This will be a socially-distanced event, where we ask volunteers to mask up in vehicles and remain conscious of spacing out when in the field. We will provide further guidelines for the event to protect health and safety, once you sign up to attend.
Registration: To sign up, please fill out this google form by March 7th.
Questions? Email Julia Stephens, TRT restoration manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.