- This event has passed.
Post-fire Forest Resilience Workshops
February 1, 2023 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$25
Come join the University of California Cooperative Extension in their post-fire Forest Resilience Workshop!
This workshop is designed to bring more knowledge and connections to landowners that have been affected by the recent fires in Mariposa, Madera, and Fresno County. Those who weren’t affected are also welcome to join, as this workshop will teach you how to manage your own land post-fire.
The workshop also addresses:
- Increasing disturbances in Sierra Nevada Forests and the associated ecological and management implications
- Post-fire issues, including hazardous trees, erosion, and fuels
- Dead tree and biomass removal
- Control of competing vegetation and invasive plants
- Landowner assistance programs specific to the fires of focus and the geographical region
You will also utilize online resources on your own time to complete learning modules. Zoom meetings with all participants and presenters will take place once a week on Wednesdays from 6–7:30 pm starting February 1 and ending March 15. Field trips on March 16 and 17 will take participants to the footprints of the Creek and Oak Fires to observe fire impacts and the effects of post-fire management activities.
The cost of the 7-week workshop is $25, and registration information can be found here.