- This event has passed.
Mayala Wata (Meeks Meadow) Restoration Project Volunteer Day
July 10, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
In an effort to aid the Washoe Tribe in the Mayala Wata Restoration Project, we will be hand thinning conifers that have encroached into Meeks Meadow!
10:00am Meet at designated location: Meeks Meadow trailhead
10:00-10:30am Presentation from Rhiana on Mayala Wata
10:30-12:30pm Hand thinning of conifers
12:30-1:00pm Group lunch with cultural presentation
1:00pm-3:00pm Continued hand thinning (optional)
What to bring:
● Water bottle (with sufficient water for the day, recommended 3-4 Liters)
● Face Mask
● Closed-toe high cut boots/hiking shoes, thorny plants are abundant?, with possible hiking
to project areas (distance)
● Hand sanitizer
● Packed lunch
● Camp or field chair for lunch?
● Sun hat
● Layered clothing (will likely be cool in the morning, but can quickly heat up by mid-day)
● Backpack to carry personal items
● Tools and gloves (if you are able to)
This event is limited to 3o participants! Please RSVP with Jackson Realo by July 8th and complete this volunteer waiver.
CivicSpark Climate Fellow
– Name: Jackson Realo
– Phone Number: 443-610-2222
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Washoe Environmental Protection Department (WEPD) Environmental
– Name: Rhiana Jones
– Phone Number: 775-781-1186
– Email: email@example.com