Volunteer and Intern Opportunities
The Alliance is currently looking for volunteers to help out with a few duties such as ticket sales and ushering attendees to their seats for our 14th Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival on April 27th, 2019 at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe.
Click HERE to sign-up for a volunteer shift at the festival. Volunteers get to see the films for free!
Interns work side-by-side with our dedicated staff to learn about and make a difference on the conservation issues affecting John Muir’s famed ‘Range of Light’, while gaining valuable work experience in the non-profit sector.
Position needed starting ASAP. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Sierra Nevada Alliance is seeking a dynamic intern to provide a wide range of communication and research support to the Development Program. The communications intern will work directly with the Director to achieve the goals of the committee. In turn, the Alliance hopes to provide our intern with the opportunity to gain leadership skills and experience and familiarity in the following areas: communications (web, media, email and traditional correspondence), philanthropy, fundraising and donor relations. We are looking for an intern to work 10-20 hours a week in our office in Truckee. Start/end dates and hours are flexible.
Internship opportunities include:
• Web Design: Develop white paper on best practices for updating the Alliance’s current website, email and e-newsletters. Research and non-profit websites using updated technology such as RSS feeds, widgets, video & sound.
• Web and Social Networking: Assist with the development of web social networking tools.
• Newsletters: Assist with design and content of quarterly newsletter and monthly e-newsletters.
• Outreach Materials: Design outreach materials such as flyers, posters, invitations.
• Media Outreach: Assist with media outreach. Help create media releases to increase public knowledge of the Sierra Nevada Alliance accomplishments, events and workshops.
• General Support: Assist the staff in other general duties.
Intern(s) may work on one or more of the aforementioned activities depending on experience and interest. We are looking for an intern to work in our Truckee office. Start/end dates and hours are flexible. This intern position is unpaid.
We are looking for interns with the following qualities:
• Passion for the Sierra and its unique issues.
• Interest in Communications and Outreach.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
• Strong writing and verbal communication (including telephone) skills.
• Experience working in an office environment.
• Flexibility in taking on new challenges. Strong computer skills.
• Experience with InDesign and Photoshop required.
Application instructions: To apply, please submit your resume, contact info and cover letter expressing your interest in this position, what you hope to learn and what you will bring the Sierra Nevada Alliance to infoATsierranevadaalliance.org . Please feel free to call at 530.542.4546 or email for more information.