For Immediate Release, February 22, 2023
Placerville, CA – The Eldorado National Forest (ENF) is requesting public input for the California 2023 State Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program application cycle. The Grants Program is an annual program that provides for off-highway vehicle (OHV) recreation in the State of California by providing financial assistance to eligible agencies and organizations that develop, maintain, operate, expand, support, or contribute to well managed high-quality OHV recreation areas, roads, and trails. Also as important, the Grants Program seeks to responsibly maintain the wildlife, soils, and habitat of project areas in a manner that will sustain long-term OHV recreation.
The Forest will host a virtual open house on Thursday, March 2, 2023, from 4:00 – 6:00 pm using Microsoft Teams. The public may join the meeting using the information listed below. Current application proposals need to reflect current needs and will be informed by prior year monitoring and accomplishments, upcoming projects being planned, and disaster relief efforts following the Caldor and Mosquito fires. Members of the public are encouraged to come with suggestions to assist the ENF’s project development for the upcoming grant application cycle, as your ideas and input are important for developing our proposals.
The ENF has been successful in being awarded grants from the OHMVR Division in previous grant cycles. The grants have helped address trail repair and clearing of downed trees on over 300 miles of OHV routes and law enforcement patrol on an additional 900 miles of native surface roads on the Forest, provided for the printing of free Motor Vehicle Use Maps, OHV campground and trailhead maintenance, as well as other planning, development, and restoration activities.
Once completed, the preliminary grant applications will be available on the OHMVR website on Tuesday, March 7, 2023, through Monday, May 1, 2023, for review and comment. To review the grant applications submitted, visit this page.
The public may provide electronic comments to the Eldorado National Forest (applicant) by e-mailing both Kristi Schroeder at email@example.com and carbon copying (cc) the OHMVR Division at OHV.Grants@parks.ca.gov.
Microsoft Teams meeting:
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 292 216 641 769
Or call in (audio only):
+1 323-886-7051,,679441386# United States, Los Angeles
Phone Conference ID: 679 441 386#
How to Join the meeting:
- You do not need to have a Microsoft Account to attend
- If you are going to attend via computer or via mobile app, you will need to use a MODERN browser, such as
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- If you wish to attend via computer or via mobile app, click on the “Click here to join the meeting” link
- You will be taken to a page where you can choose to either join on the web or download the desktop app and then join.
- If you already have the desktop app installed, the meeting will open automatically
- If you do not have access to a computer or mobile device, you may call in via the provided phone number
- Do NOT attend the meeting using both methods (computer/mobile app or phone), you will have feedback and echoes
- If you have hearing needs, you can turn on Live Captioning (managed by a bot)
- Once you enter the meeting you can click on the three little dots on the control bar to open the More actions menu
- Click on cc Turn on live captions