Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Wild & Scenic Festival Coordinator – South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL)
Nevada City, CA
The Festival Coordinator works on a team in the production of one of the largest festivals of its kind in the US, taking place each February in Nevada City and Grass Valley, CA. Under the supervision of the Festival Director, the Festival Coordinator is responsible for ticketing and serving as filmmaker liaison for SYRCL’s Wild & Scenic Film Festival, taking place Feb. 16-20, 2023. The Festival Coordinator will also support aspects of the virtual festival.
- Manage all tickets and pass printing and sales.
- Manage ticket database including tracking of sales and comp passes.
- Organize box offices for office and HQs and oversee ticketing for the virtual platform.
- Manage guest and will call lists.
- Train and utilize volunteers as needed.
- Generate ticket sales reports and final post-event reporting.
- Notify filmmakers of Official Selection and manage all incoming deliverables.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of tech schedule (run of show).
- Manage film information across all communications and platforms, including festival program, website, and online festival.
- Assist with coordination of Emcees.
- Coordinate all logistics for attending filmmakers and special guests, including transportation, lodging, speaking opportunities, ticketing.
- Assist in planning Friday night Filmmaker Party, including guest list management, layout, supplies, etc.
- During the festival, help manage and oversee the Green Room, be the primary contact for all special guests’ needs, and address any ticketing or attending filmmaker questions.
- Additional administrative tasks as assigned.
- Experience working in a high energy office setting and a drive to do what it takes to get the job done well; nonprofit work experience a plus.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, provides follow-through on areas of responsibility, and is detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, ticketing software, databases, etc.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Positive, self-motivated, and quick learning performer highly valued.
- This position requires discretion with sensitive information, and a sense of humor is a must.
Salary: This full-time, temporary position paying $18 per hour.
- Submit your cover letter and resume here
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Preference will be given to applications received by Sept. 15. Our interview process begins with a phone screen interview; semi-finalists will be invited to a video call panel interview; and finalists will be invited for an in-person interview.
- This position is open until filled.
For more information please see the position description.