Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Restoration Field Technician – River Partners
Position Description: The Field Technician works with the Field Foreman and Field Manager in the operation of field equipment and manual labor in the process of working on multiple projects. As a result of this position’s efforts, River Partners will be able to further our work on our portfolio of projects.
Note: Field Technicians are temporary, and as such, workloads are dependent upon company needs and project timelines. There are periods of time during projects when this position is expected to work significant amounts of overtime. There may be other periods (i.e., winter months) when there may be little or no work available due to field conditions or the weather. The incumbent in this position must remain flexible with work schedules.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- The operation of pesticide spray rigs in a safe and effective manner, paying close attention to standard safety practices, weather conditions and adequate plant protection.
- Operate tractors and other equipment for site preparation activities such as mowing and disking.
- Maintain agricultural equipment, irrigate restoration plantings as needed, and maintain irrigation systems.
- Provide regular communication to the Director of Operations and Field Restoration Manager on project progress and field conditions.
- Collect, process, and deliver native plant materials.
- Assist with the collection of monitoring data.
- Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the Field Manager to achieve department and company business goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors, and managers at all times.
- Intermediate computer proficiency skills.
- Ability to apply logical thinking and sound judgment to a wide range of practical problems.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
- Integrity and ethics beyond reproach.
- Commitment and enthusiasm to carry out River Partners mission.
- Valid California driver’s license with clean DMV Record.
- Minimum of three years of experience with tractor work.
- Three years of experience in strip spraying.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
Salary: The anticipated rate for this position is $18 hourly.