Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Regional Director, California – Delta Waterfowl Foundation
Are you a passionate waterfowl hunter with a knack for recruiting, retaining, and motivating volunteers? Do you want to make a meaningful impact for ducks and duck hunters in California and the Pacific Flyway? If so, Delta Waterfowl Foundation has an exciting opportunity for you! We’re seeking a Regional Director who shares our enthusiasm for ducks and duck hunting.
About Delta Waterfowl Foundation:
Delta Waterfowl Foundation is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to duck production, habitat conservation, research as well as hunter recruitment, retention, and reactivation. With a rich history spanning over 112 years, we have been at the forefront of waterfowl research, habitat preservation, and education. Our mission is to secure the future of waterfowl and waterfowl hunting, and we are looking for a dynamic Regional Director to help us achieve this mission in California and the Pacific Flyway.
As the Regional Director for Delta Waterfowl Foundation in California, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our fundraising efforts and engaging the waterfowl hunting community. Your responsibilities will include:
- Volunteer Management: Create, maintain, and foster volunteer relationships. Establish NEW committees of volunteers (local chapters) that believe in Delta Waterfowl’s mission. Assist committees in volunteer recruitment.
- Event Planning: Assist committees to establish fundraising goals to help maximize their net revenue and gain momentum towards achieving chapter objectives.
- Community Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with local hunters, clubs, and conservation partners to foster collaboration and support for our mission.
- Collaboration: Provide teamwork with volunteers, other Regional Directors, Development Coordinators, direct supervisors, and other Delta Staff.
- Conservation Advocacy: Advocate for policies and practices that benefit waterfowl and their habitats throughout North America.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Passion for Waterfowl Hunting: Avid waterfowl hunter with a deep understanding and passion for waterfowl conservation.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent, and three years of related sales experience; or a combination of related training, education, and experience.
- Leadership Skills: Proven experience in motivating and managing volunteers or leading successful sales teams.
- Organized: Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to respond to change.
- Community Engagement: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to connect with hunters, partners, and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- License: Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends when needed.