Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Project Manager – Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship
Under the direction of the Director of Grant Operations, performs project management, grant administration and supporting tasks throughout the Lost Sierra region. This position is primarily field based and tasks include grant field reporting, community engagement and outreach, as well as facilitation of outside partners and contractors to meet grant deliverables.
- Responsible for grant sourcing and researching private and public funding opportunities as assigned by the Director of Grant Operations
- Performs technical writing and reporting for grant deliverables
- Ensures receipts and invoices related to specific grants are submitted in a timely manner to the General Manager
- Report public and community input to the Director of Grant Operations
- Responsible for submitting grant applications and deliverables for review by the Director of Grant Operations
- Track field expenditures and labor hours against grant budgets and agreements to ensure appropriate use of funding
- Generates reports and assists outside NEPA/CEQA and other project contractors in their completion of project deliverables as outlined in assigned grants
- Communicates public outreach messaging needs when completing grant deliverables and volunteer recruitment to Marketing and Communications Manager
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative relationship with fellow employees, field contractors, land agency and project representatives as well as volunteers and community members
- Establishes timelines for completion of trail projects in collaboration with Director of Grant Operations and Trail Boss
- Reports whether required volunteer matches are being met and are coinciding with grant deliverables
- Recruit needed volunteers when match is required
- Host volunteer days to achieve required match
- Assists with field tasks such as GIS data collection, in field site visits with land agencies and project representatives, and provides support for trail crews and Trail Boss.
- Attend biweekly Connected Communities and Trails meetings; updating the group on grants both open, closed and pending Personnel
- Demonstrate excellent leadership behavior and professionalism at all times, when working at the project, team, and office level
- Adheres to all employment policies and procedures as defined in the SBTS Handbook
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Grant Operations and Program Managers to ensure deliverables are met
- Monitors established budgets and reporting in coordination with the Director of Grant Operations
- Actively manages assigned financial resources in accordance with established procedures and reporting requirements
- Ensures all overtime is approved prior to accrual
The job responsibilities listed above are not an exhaustive list and Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship may ask for additional tasks to be performed as part of routine employment.