Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Programs Support Coordinator – American Hiking Society
American Hiking Society is currently seeking a part-time Programs Support Coordinator. The Programs Support Coordinator is a part-time, salaried, non-exempt position working 20 hours per week. This is a remote position and we are accepting candidates from any of the United States with the exception of CA and WA. If candidates are geographically located near the Silver Spring, MD corporate office, there is an option of partial in-office work as well.
The Programs Support Coordinator’s primary responsibilities support the logistics of AHS volunteer programs and National Trails DayⓇ event management, continuing to build and maintain strong collaborations and relationships with volunteers, schools, partner organizations, and land managers that host AHS volunteers and events. The Programs Support Coordinator not only has great attention to detail in volunteer management and event logistics, but exhibits empathy and excellent interpersonal skills in relationship building.
The Programs Support Coordinator is a part-time, salaried, non-exempt position working 20 hours per week. This is a remote position and we are accepting candidates from any of the United States with the exception of CA and WA. If candidates are geographically located near the Silver Spring, MD corporate office, there is an option of partial in-office work as well. The Programs Support Coordinator reports to the Senior Director for Programs and Advocacy, while working in partnership with and receiving guidance from the Programs Manager of volunteer programs and under the direction of the Communications Manager for National Trails DayⓇ-related tasks.
Volunteer Programs Support (Includes Volunteer Vacations and Alternative Breaks):
- Support various aspects of project logistics among volunteer participants, including volunteer recruitment, phone and email communications with volunteers, responding to volunteer inquiries, and post-trip evaluations.
- In support of the Programs Manager, coordinate aspects of the participant registration process, including creating confirmation documents, ensuring complete volunteer registration forms, database entry, and creating, updating, and finalizing trip rosters.
- Track and report all volunteer hours and other program statistics for use in organizational reports and funding opportunities.
- Support Programs Manager in development of a web-based trip schedule each year, managing online registration, and responding to registration inquiries.
- Assist Communications and Programs Managers with the creation of content for all VV/AB-related webpages.
- Work with the Communications Manager and Programs Manager to develop content ideas and timelines for all VV/AB related social media posts.
- Assist the Communications and Programs Managers to develop all program promotional materials.
National Trails Day® Event Support:
- Oversee the logistics of National Trails Day® (NTD) event registration, including recruitment, coordination, and communication with event hosts.
- Work with other AHS staff to ensure in-kind donations are distributed to NTD hosts in a timely manner.
- Work with the Development Coordinator and Communications Manager to secure products and gear for volunteers. Support coordination and distribution of gear to volunteers, collect photos and testimonials, and provide all gear sponsors and partners with usable content from NTD events.
- Assist the Communications Manager with NTD signature event and grants event support.
- Manage communications with NextGen Trail Leaders in regard to coordinating/promoting NTD events they may be hosting and/or attending, collect photos and testimonials
Advocacy Programs Management:
- As needed, support logistical needs of Hike the HillⓇ registration and assist the Senior Director for Programs and Advocacy with other aspects of Hike the HillⓇ event logistics.