Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Program Coordinator – Wild Gift
Wild Gift is seeking an action-oriented Program Coordinator to lead marketing and recruitment efforts for both of our wilderness-based programs, the Wild Gift Fellowship and Wild Strides, while also supporting trip logistics. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of marketing and communicating with diverse audiences, a deep commitment to impact-driven nonprofits, and either experience guiding outdoor trips or a strong interest in learning. This person is familiar with the power of deep wilderness experiences, and has a passion for supporting diverse innovators working at the intersection of social and environmental challenges.
- Recruitment – Drive recruitment efforts for all programs, with an emphasis on attracting diverse and underrepresented participants. This includes building and maintaining connections with organizations and individuals in the entrepreneurial space using a variety of outreach methods and communication channels.
- Trip Logistics – Support retreat preparations for Wild Strides and the Wild Gift Fellowship by planning virtual calls, coordinating trek logistics and managing communications with participants.
- Trip Attendance – Attend up to 4 backpacking trips per year to support logistics, tail guide, and facilitate programming. This includes: 1-3 Wild Strides (May-September) and one 21 day Wild Gift Fellowship (August) per year.
- Event Support – Assist with planning alumni and donor events.
- Administrative Support – Support the Executive Director and the organization with additional administrative tasks as assigned.
- Passion for wilderness and social impact
- Strong skills in communication and marketing
- Enthusiasm for contributing to DEI efforts & expanding Wild Gift’s network
- Skilled in coordinating logistics for events, outdoor trip experience preferred
- Experience facilitating, instructing, or leading group activities
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and a proven self-starter with strong leadership skills