Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Membership Coordinator – Eastern Sierra Land Trust (ESLT)
Bishop, CA (Hybrid)
Eastern Sierra Land Trust (ESLT) is seeking a Membership Coordinator to join our nationally accredited land trust. This is a part-time position based out of Bishop, California, with a hybrid (in-office and remote) work option.
The Membership Coordinator is responsible for the management of critical and confidential donor data contained in our Donor Perfect Online (DPO) database. This includes data maintenance, data integrity, staff training, and the development and management of new and ongoing database policies and protocol(s). This position also manages gift processing, acknowledgment letters, data entry; and produces reports and materials for the Development & Communications Committee, Board of Directors, Bookkeeper, and as requested by the Executive Director/CEO. The Coordinator serves as the primary conduit to the bookkeeper for monthly and quarterly income reports and reconciliations and works closely with the Operations Director to provide additional administrative support when requested. The Coordinator will be supervised by the Philanthropy Manager and will work closely with the Executive Director/CEO providing timely and efficient support in compliance with Standards & Practices to ensure donor relations needs are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the Donor Perfect donor database: enter data, manage and keep data clean and updated by following set data entry protocols, expanding notes, combining duplicate records, tracking individual relationships, and running queries and exports. Develop and implement data entry standards, procedures, and best practice guidelines and ensure adherence to these standards throughout the organization.
- Monthly status reports and recommendations: design and implement database queries and data exports to analyze giving trends and outcomes; work with the Philanthropy Manager to develop monthly status reports and recommendations.
- Produce agenda, reports, and materials for the Development & Communications Committee, and distribute one week in advance of the quarterly meetings.
- Prepare and manage all mailing lists from Donor Perfect for fundraising, educational, and outreach needs. Mail merge data from Excel lists into Word documents and emails.
- Coordinate volunteer assistance, prepare materials, and ensure mailings are assembled per USPS requirements.
- Support the Philanthropy Manager, assist with donor stewardship programs, including prospect research, data analysis to determine the effectiveness of focused efforts, and special correspondence with targeted audiences.
- Manage donation process: oversee bi-weekly gift entry into the database, the transmittal of payments and payment information, and processing of accurate and updated acknowledgment letters; track invoice pledges and other special gifts.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and year-end gift reconciliation with bookkeeper.
- Review current Volunteer Program and work with Education Coordinator and AmeriCorps Member to propose strategies to strengthen and grow the Program.
- Analyze, research, and track potential and current grant funding for all programs.
- Attend trainings and seminars to keep skills current: analyze current practices and procedures and implement process improvement where necessary; utilize Donor Perfect features for efficiency.
- As a Development Team member, participate in monthly planning meetings with Communications program regarding donor campaigns; attends staff meetings.
- Provide key support for fundraising and member events.
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Director when requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the organizational mission required
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Two years of previous development, administrative, and/or service experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure without losing productivity or attention to detail
- Professional attitude; team player; able to collaborate to set and meet team goals and deadlines
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships
- Knowledge of database structures, preferably Donor Perfect
- Strong data analysis, organizational, communication, administrative, and computer skills required
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to communicate warmly and clearly in person, over the phone, and through email; a good awareness of self
- Ability and desire to be in a work environment that values working as a team, relationships, and giving and receiving honest feedback
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; DonorPerfect, G-Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or equivalent experience preferred
- This position is part-time and non-exempt at a minimum of 20 hours per week, with the possibility for an increase in hours that will be discussed at time of hire.
- Salary based on experience ranging from $20 -22 per hour.
- Send cover letter, résumé, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Membership Coordinator.
- No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
- Application review will begin May 15, 2022, with an anticipated start date of early June. Applications submitted after May 15, 2022, will continue to be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
For more information please see the position description.