Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Farm Stewardship Assistant – American River Conservancy
The American River Conservancy is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving our community by ensuring healthy ecosystems within the Upper American and Upper Cosumnes River Watersheds through land conservation, stewardship and education.
The Farm Stewardship Assistant assists the organization with maintenance and upkeep of ARC facilities and grounds primarily at Wakamatsu Farm. May involve some work on other ARC properties, but the primary purpose is to assist with stewardship tasks at Wakamatsu Farm.
- Work with ARC staff and volunteers to assist with ongoing farm stewardship and grounds maintenance projects at Wakamatsu Farm. May include, but not limited to: chainsaw work, mowing, weed-eating, installation of fencing and signs, trail and pathway maintenance, light carpentry and painting, basic facilities/grounds maintenance, plant installation, and other tasks as needed;
- Assist with grounds maintenance for event and program preparation at Wakamatsu Farm;
- Maintain communication with ARC staff.
The above statement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
- Knowledge and experience with common yard and garden maintenance tool/equipment use and maintenance is required.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds required. Ability to hike/walk on uneven terrain in the backcountry and rural areas is required.
- Working knowledge of basic carpentry skills is a plus. Knowledge of local natural and cultural history is a plus. Employer may require successful applicant to submit to a background check.
Must be able to work outside in the sun and tolerate inclement weather exposure. This type of work may expose one to encounters with poison oak, ticks and rattlesnakes.
To Apply: Please email your resume and 3 professional references to email@example.com on or before 5:00pm on February 16, 2024.
Rate: $18 – 20/hour, Starting rate DOE
Reports to: Wakamatsu Farm Steward/Chili Bar Manager
Type of Position: Part-time, seasonal (max 20 hours/week in peak Spring and Fall seasons)*
* There is a possibility that the seasonal duration of work may be extended as budget allows.