Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Donor Relations Coordinator VISTA – Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation
The Donor Relations Coordinator VISTA will be an essential member of the team for this growing non-profit organization. Under the guidance of the Development Director, this person will manage membership tracking, communications, and reports using the donor database eTapestry. This person will also improve member appreciation methods, expand the major donor and planned donor giving programs, coordinate fundraising appeals, and help in the planning and implementation of member events.
Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation is a private nonprofit that was incorporated in 2012 and received its 501(c)(3) determination in 2013. The Parks Foundation protects and enhances our communities’ livability through public engagement, education, and the sustainability of our parks, open spaces, and trails. Current programs focus on improving community health and wellness and developing people’s appreciation for the natural and cultural history found in local parks. A special emphasis is placed on increasing access to free programming for low income community members in order to improve education and health outcomes for people living in poverty.
Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our team represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities, and we strive to act with mutual respect, integrity, and care. We seek candidates whose personal and/or professional experiences have prepared them to share in our commitment to fostering connections and inclusion with diverse people both within our office and in the outdoors.
Service Location: Reno, NV
Timeline for Service: June 5, 2023 – June 4, 2024
- Improve and maintain the database to track member donations;
- Improve protocols for initial contact, cultivation, and stewardship of donors;
- Organize Parks Foundation member-only events;
- Research and implement donor and fundraising appeal best practices;
- Coordinate quarterly fundraising appeals and assist with additional mailings;
- Assist with developing community partnerships to support the Parks Foundation;
- Continue to develop fundraising strategies and materials to support Parks Foundation operations;
- Assist with Parks Foundation events and programs.
- Ability to pass a background check;
- Bachelor’s degree and/or experience in fundraising, grant writing, and/or networking;
- Passionate commitment to Parks Foundation’s mission and vision;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Experience in and willingness to solicit for and acquire donations;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- High degree of initiative and spirit of service;
- Preferred: Experience in membership programs and databases;
- Preferred: Experience with Google Workspace – Drive, Sheets, Docs, Meetings, etc.
- Preferred: Reading, writing, and speaking competency in Spanish language.
Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation’s Donor Relations Coordinator VISTA is funded by the Corporations for National and Community Service and will serve within the AmeriCorps VISTA program. AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Each VISTA member makes a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. To learn more about the AmeriCorps programs visit americorps.gov.