Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Community Engagement Manager – Sierra State Parks Foundation
Tahoe City, CA
Sierra State Parks Foundation is seeking a highly organized and self-motivated leader to provide oversight for one of the core operations of our organization. SSPF is a fun, mission-driven partner with California State Parks. We are seeking a candidate who enjoys challenges, is naturally curious, and would be thrilled to work for an organization that is making a positive and lasting impact on the Lake Tahoe-Donner region.
- Event planning, production, and management, ranging from small to large scale
- Grant writing and sponsorship acquisition for events and fundraising
- Collaborating with Communications Manager on e-newsletter, video production, ad placement, press releases, social media, etc. Includes marketing, advertising, and brand management
- Website and database management
- Donor and volunteer relations cultivation and retention
- Liaison with Events and Marketing Committees
- High level of organizational skills, attention to detail, and professionalism
- Highly skilled at multi-tasking
- Excels in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable managing databases and producing reports
- Minimum 2-year experience in event planning and production
- Minimum 2-year experience managing volunteers
- Proven experience with marketing and communications
- Social media management to include e-blast production
Experience and Education:
- Bachelors degree plus 2 years applicable work experience
- Experience in the planning and execution of special events and fundraisers
- Experience working with event vendors
- Marketing, public relations, and media experience.
- Creative, energetic, team-player, organized, friendly
- Respect for the rules and regulations of California State Parks
- Willingness to work with State Park staff and facilitate communication
- Must be able to follow policies and procedures and possess the ability to use discretion when non-routine situations arise
- Must be able to handle conflicts in a professional and non-confrontational manner
- Can manage several projects at once, able to focus on details, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Comfortable giving direction to vendors, volunteers, and others
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Willingness to perform light housekeeping
- Honest and no criminal record
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 25 pounds
- Email your resume, cover letter, and references to: Heidi Doyle, Executive Director at Hdoyle@sierrastateparks.org. For inquiries: 530-314-9731 (cell).
For more information please see the position description.