Subscribe and keep up with the Sierra Nevada Alliance and receive updates about issues impacting the Sierra, what we’re doing to help, and how you can get involved. Subscribers will also receive an access code to unlock My Garden of a Thousand Bees.
Communications & Outreach Manager – Bear Yuba Land Trust
Grass Valley, California
Position and Responsibilities Summary:
The Communications & Outreach Manager (COM) plays a leading role in identifying and implementing communications strategies that raise BYLT’s profile and broaden our audience and member base. The CM is responsible for creating written content for newsletters, press releases, social media, website, general outreach, and reports. This position will lead planning and implementation of outreach and fundraising events throughout the year. The COM will manage the Community Engagement Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Content Creation and Management
- Create and implement an annual Communication Plan for BYLT
- Lead the design, creative content, production and distribution of our monthly electronic newsletter “Field Notes” and tri-annual printed publication
- Maintain BYLT website
- Manage media outreach efforts by creating and submitting approved announcements and by creating and distributing media releases
- Work with Development Director on business/corporate sponsorship solicitation related to outreach and fundraising events
- Contributes to and oversees organization of BYLT’s photo archive, as well as outreach and graphic files
- Oversee development of mission-based marketing content for e-blasts, social media, the website and direct mail campaigns
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Director to ensure on-brand, high quality and professional communications that have consistent branding and compelling messaging
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Director for effective donor relations, fundraising, and organizational materials utilizing donor centric writing
Event Coordination and Management
- Oversees planning and event logistics for all BYLT outreach and fundraising events including; Community Rendezvous (March), Celebration of Trails (June), Open Spaces & Wild Places Gala (biennial in May), and the Conservation Awards & Gratitude Breakfast (November).
- COM will oversee Community Engagement Manager who will lead planning and implementation of In the Field events, NatureFest, and Volunteer events.
- COM will work closely with the Development Director on fundraising events
- Event coordination and management tasks include:
- Program development
- Partner coordination and community engagement
- Event promotion and ticketing
- Event logistics, staffing, volunteer management
- Event merchandise
- Attendee communications and customer service
- Manages BYLT brand, logos, and style guides and ensures consistent use
- Leads design and production of appeals, event promotion, and merchandise. This includes working with design consultants.
- Leads design and production of interpretive and outreach materials, trail signs, displays, and kiosks. This includes working with design consultants.
- COM will manage the Community Engagement Manager and oversee the implementation of the Volunteer Program