Chief Executive Officer – CalNonprofits
San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA
The California Association of Nonprofits (CalNonprofits) – a statewide policy alliance of more than 10,000 nonprofits speaking to government, philanthropy, and the public at large – seeks an innovative, relationship-oriented, equity-centered, and inspiring leader as Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO will lead and work collaboratively with a talented staff; dedicated and diverse board of directors; and engaged membership to advance the mission and build upon a strong reputation. The CEO will maintain an inclusive culture and drive connection and impact as the association plays a unique role in bringing nonprofits together around critical issues; publishing relevant research and reports; and driving solutions-based legislation. Are you ready to be a positive force bravely, boldly, and unabashedly showing up in support of the needs of California’s nonprofits? This is an exciting opportunity to join and helm the preeminent nonprofit membership association strengthening the voice of nonprofits in California and serving as a model and impetus for action nationwide.
About the Opportunity:
Working with the Board and staff, the CEO will provide inspired leadership in the advancement of CalNonprofits’ vision, mission, and goals and develop the corresponding strategies, plans, and budgets to achieve them. The CEO will be a bold, dynamic, data-driven leader with the emotional intelligence to provide overall direction for the organization while centering the needs, ideas, and expertise of a diverse set of stakeholders. The new leader will chart a course for future growth as a voice for and bridge between the nonprofit sector and philanthropy, business, and government to advocate for California nonprofits and benefit the communities they serve.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Effectively advocating for and representing members and the nonprofit sector at large across a wide variety of political viewpoints.
- Promoting active and broad participation by members and other stakeholders.
- Effectively working with the board to maintain and promote the vision and mission and seek to get the best of each board member’s thinking and contribution to the organization.
- Engaging the board and staff, members, government and private funders. and community stakeholders in regularly analyzing the nonprofit sector and member needs and trends.
- Turning analysis into policy solutions that can be presented to legislators and the Governor; promoting and directing legislative, regulatory, public policy, and advocacy activities; and enhancing the association’s position as a leader in the public policy arena.
- Working with coalitions, lobbyists, legislators, Governor’s office staff, and more in a way that demonstrates content knowledge on priority issues – such as nonprofit-government contracting practices and policies and philanthropic reform – as well as savvy about how to effectively move a diverse set of stakeholders toward collective action.
- Engaging member organizations and the larger nonprofit sector in development and promotion of a public policy and advocacy agenda.
- Leading development of external communications, positioning, and branding to convey the association’s policy positions.
- Building collaborations and relationships with stakeholders in aligning operations with strategic objectives and mission delivery.
- Cultivating administrative and organizational excellence that prioritizes assessment, transparency, learning, creativity, communication, equity, accountability, and exceptional member service.
- Developing effective, sustainable financial revenue streams, including foundation grants, Cy Pres Awards, earned income streams, and more.
- Traveling approximately 10%, mainly for day trips within the state of California with some national travel.
CalNonprofits offers competitive Compensation and Benefits with an annual salary range of $190,000 to $225,000 and provisions of comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, and Long-Term Disability plans as well as 3 weeks of PTO and 12.5 holidays a year.
For more information, click here.