- This event has passed.
Hispanic Access Foundation’s Latino Advocacy Week Events
March 13 - March 19
March is here, and Hispanic Access Foundation’s 2nd annual Latino Advocacy Week is coming up in just a couple of weeks! From March 13-19, we hope everyone, Latinos and allies alike, can join us for the empowering and informative events taking place during this important week.
The goal of Latino Advocacy Week is to build capacity and familiarity among Latinos to advocate for themselves, their families, and their community around the issues that impact their daily lives. During this week, various community groups, nonprofits, faith-based organizations, community leaders, and elected officials champion legislation and advocacy efforts that uplift and support Latino communities across the country, leading to a more equitable society. Activities will include advocacy training opportunities, issue-specific workshops, and meetings with elected officials, all of which promote civic engagement in Latino communities across the country, connect Latinos with their elected officials, and provide an opportunity for Latinos to flex their growing electoral power.
- Letting Communities of Color Lead: Latino Conservation Policy (virtual) featuring the debut of our 2022 Conservation Policy Toolkit and Policy Recommendations
- River Conservation Roundtable: Opportunities and Challenges for Communities in 2022 (virtual) featuring a networking session on the very fun Airmeet platform
- Text to Speak: Using Your Writing as a Voice for Change (virtual) featuring our amazing Ocean Advisory Council
- Many more events including DREAMing Together, Advocating for Cultura, Advocacy Training: Mi Voz Mi Comunidad, and Comunidad First: Latino Advocacy Week Kickoff (all virtual)
- Located in Southern California? Join us for an in-person hike in the proposed area of the Western Riverside Wildlife Refuge on Tuesday, March 15! Contact email@example.com for details.
For more information on these events and Latino Advocacy Week, please visit the event website.