- This event has passed.
California Outdoor Recreation Partnership Virtual Summit
May 17, 2021 @ 8:00 am - May 19, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
About this event
The California Outdoor Recreation Partnership, with support from Outdoor Alliance and Outdoor Industry Association, is pleased to host our 4th Sacramento Summit for outdoor recreation policy. From May 17-19, hundreds of outdoor recreation enthusiasts will be participating in our Sacramento Summit. Businesses and organizations will be meeting for a virtual advocacy day to hear from state policymakers, legislators, and decision makers. Summit participants will engage in and drive conversation to protect public lands and advocate for equitable access, environmental justice, climate resilience including the 30×30 initiative, and economic recovery. This event is virtual this year.
- Advocate for equitable access, climate resiliency, and funding for outdoor recreation infrastructure.
- Discuss the role of investment in outdoor recreation infrastructure as a key tool for post-COVID economic recovery.
- Connect the California outdoor recreation community with stakeholders, state agency leaders and key legislative members and continue to build state-level government relationships.
- Networking opportunities for members.
2021 Legislation Support List:
- SB 45 /AB 1500 - Climate Bond
- AB 30 - Access to Parks
- SB 624 – Environmental Equity and Outdoor Access Act
- AB 377 - California Clean Water Act
Advocacy Day Activities:
- Remarks from Policymakers and Outdoor Recreation Advocates
- Meetings with state level policymakers and agency officials
- Coffee Networking Event
- Happy Hour Networking Event
Special thanks to The North Face and REI for their support of our work at California Outdoor Recreation Partnership.
Free for all paid California Outdoor Recreation Partnership and Outdoor Alliance members!
Not a member of CORP or OA ? Please contact Lexie Gritlefeld at Lexie@CaliforniaOutdoor.org to coordinate.