- This event has passed.
2022 Sierra Nevada Watershed Improvement Program (WIP) Summit: Strategies for Wildfire Recovery
March 2, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The 2022 Sierra Nevada Watershed Improvement Program (WIP) Summit will focus on wildfire recovery strategies. With input from community leaders, land and water managers, scientists, and elected and government officials, the Summit will highlight why recovery is critical for Sierra Nevada communities and landscapes—and all of California—after record-breaking fire seasons.
Join the Sierra Nevada Conservancy on March 2 at 1 pm for a deep-dive into the strategies we can use to restore our forests, rebuild our communities, and protect vital resources and values.
Welcome: 1:00 p.m. — Angela Avery, Sierra Nevada Conservancy Executive Officer; Terrence O’Brien, Sierra Nevada Conservancy Board Chair
Session 1: What’s at stake following Sierra Nevada megafires?
- 1:15 p.m. — Mr. Dirk Charley, Tribal Liaison, Dunlap Band of Mono Indians
- 1:30 p.m. — Dr. Hugh Safford, Affiliate Faculty at U.C. Davis and Chief Scientist at Vibrant Planet
- 1:45 p.m. — Secretary Wade Crowfoot, California Natural Resources Agency; Regional Forester Jennifer Eberlein, U.S. Forest Service
- 2:00 p.m. — Assemblymember Jim Wood, California 2nd Assembly District
Session 2: Strategies for wildfire recovery
- 2:20 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. panel discussion and Q&A
Register online for the virtual Summit.
For more information please see the event webpage.