The Draft Truckee 2040 General Plan and Downtown Plan have been released.
The Town of Truckee has initiated a two and a half-year process to simultaneously update two key documents that will guide decision-making about the future of Truckee: the General Plan and the Downtown Specific Plan. The General Plan represents the community’s vision for the future as it relates to a variety of issues and expresses the community’s development goals. The General Plan also contains the goals and policies upon which the Town Council, Planning Commission, and Town staff will base their land use decisions.
The Downtown Specific Plan is a comprehensive land use development plan that sets forth policies, projects, implementation plans, and regulation intended to guide growth and development within Downtown Truckee.
There will be a number of joint Planning Commission and Council Meetings relating to specific elements that will discuss sections in detail over the next few months.
- Public Comment Form – Electronic
- Download the PDF and use the submit button or email to PlanningDivision@townoftruckee.com(External link)(External link)
- For iPhones or iPads, use the “Share” feature
- Public Comment Form – Paper
Mail or drop off the forms at 10183 Truckee Airport Road
- Public Comment Form – Electronic Google Form(External link)
- Or email the Town of Truckee at: PlanningDivision@TownofTruckee.com
For more information please see the Truckee 2040 website.